Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First All-Nighter With a Sick Baby

I has experienced a motherhood rite of passage, being woken up multiple times throughout the night by my sick baby. During the day he was sneezing, eyes watering, coughing, the works. But at night his poor little nose was all stuffed up so when he went to suck on his pacifier he couldn't breath well so he would wake up and cry :(

I woke up so many times last night at one point I was certain it was 5:30am and thinking that I should just go pump his bottle for the next day (while I was up so that I could go back to sleep and not try to wake up just before him) but when I checked a clock it was only 12:30am!

I have to admit I kinda liked taking care of and being woke up all night...it just reminded me how helpless he still is and that made me think of the sermon we just heard the Sunday before about how you can only truly love someone when you know and have experienced the love of Christ. So yes, Stinker it is a pleasure to love you more than I love sleep because in a small way, it is a reflection of the love I have experienced through my heavenly father.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog-makeover :) Your little man is getting sooooooo big. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete