Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentines Day

I'm not anti or pro Valentine's Day...I think that its nice to celebrate love and show the people in your life that you love them. With that being said, this year I thought it would be nice to get flowers from Speedy but he has been really busy with work so if it slipped his mind I wouldn't care or feel "unloved". We chatted a couple times throughout the work day and I didn't bring Valentine's Day up in case he didn't remember, but I did have to meet him at one of his accounts to pick something up that morning. As I was leaving the store, it was so cute to see the men pouring out of the store carrying flowers.

Speedy came home from work and I left for work without anything being mentioned. As I was working I thought to myself that even if Speedy doesn't acknowledge the day, I still wanted to show him how much I cared about him so I decided to pick up some of his favorite beer on my way home from work. As I went into the store the first display inside the door was of flowers and the men were buzzing around those flowers like little bees! So adorable!! On my way home I "accidentally" walked into Golden Spoon and to my surprise it was BOGO free night - perf!

When I got home there was a simple, beautiful, bouquet of flowers on my table and to my surprise a special "fun" drink for me (since I am currently knocked-up and therefore unable to drink at the moment). Not to mentioned Speedy had made chocolate covered strawberries for us for dessert!
What a simple and perfect Valentines Day. 2 desserts. 2 "fun" drinks. We both thought to get each other a special drink and a dessert and apparently my guys were buzzing around a flower stand at one point maybe making a random onlooker (like I was) smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment